❤ Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤
Hello and welcome! Since it is, of course, Valentine’s day (over here at least), we thought that it would be the perfect occasion to post this award to hopefully share some love! Also, thanks Aetheristrux at The Amazing Life of a Bookworm for nominating us for this award! 🙂
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 10 – 15 or so other bloggers
7 Facts About Us:
- Sarah: I’ve read so many books in the summer (and went to the library so often) that my librarians know my name (and my hold number). I’m like the only person that has ten holds or more and come in everyday. (F: Basically, she’s trying to tell you in a million words that she’s the librarian’s pet. Like a teacher’s pet. It does have advantages though, like getting books first…)
- S: I read really, really quickly. I wouldn’t call it speed reading (because that sounds like I’m skimming or flipping through). I can read a 400 page book in 2 and a half hours or less. And I more or less remember everything that happened. If the book is really big or dense (like LOTR or The Inheritance Cycle) or I’m not into it (hello, chem textbook) I will take longer to finish it. (F: Meanwhile, Sarah reads parts of our bio textbook over the break out of boredom.)
- Faith: I’m the opposite, more or less. I read slowly and I like to take in every single detail of a scene so that I can really see the story playing through my head. Not that Sarah doesn’t with her speedy reading but I generally do things a bit slower. If I like a book and happen to only take one day to finish it, my reading speed is the same; it only means that I’m investing wayyy more time (that I don’t have) into it. This “time” is basically vital homework time because there’s this thing called procrastination and being distracted is one of my number one strengths.
- F: Here’s a random one – I like listening to the sound of rain pattering outside while studying or sleeping… or both. For some odd reason, sleeping at my desk on top of my homework seems more relaxing than sleeping because you’re supposed to. Complete logic.
- S: Faith and I can read each other’s minds. I swear, we think so alike sometimes that it is creeeeepy. Example 1: Faith was playing Club Penguin (for those of you who grew up playing it: Ayyyy 😀 (F: Also because we’re totally immature and no one plays that anymore but come on, when you’re procrastinating/bored, anything seems better.) I was at my house, and I asked her what she was doing. She told me CP and I completely guessed which game she was on. Because, if we are being completely serious here, the only game worth playing is the Ninja Element game there. Never mind the fact that we are high schoolers… (F: Shhh, don’t reveal all our secrets in one shot! Our SHAME is now in the limelight! Not so subLIME now, ain’t it?)
Example 2: We had to choose a bio topic in pairs. We read the possible topics individually, and looked up at the exact same time, whispering excitedly about the exact same topic… We were totally twins in an alternate universe.
- F: This one applies only to me but I like collecting stuff. From buttons to postage stamps to coins and candy wrappers… there’s also keychains, silicone bracelets and bookmarks. My most avid collection is buttons because everytime I see them somewhere, I just HAVE to get them. I have way too many. My prized ones are a super cute narwhal and a silver robot one :3
- F: This one’s about Sarah. Let’s just say that she can do accents decently… but only with her nose pinched. :’D (S: My British accent is so on point when I’m sick 😄 )
We know most of our blogging friends have done this before, but we nominate:
Kat at Bookbox
Paul from The Galaxial Word
Jess at JBelk Books
Becca at Becca and Books
Shealea Iral at That Bookshelf Bitch
Trang and Lashaan at Booktidote
The lovely gals at A Fangirl’s Opinion
Erika & Miedjel from Partners in Books
Kat at Life and Other Disasters
Share some love today! And if you’re feeling just a weensy bit lonely, we’ll all just create a Positive Vibes support group where we huddle indoors and cuddle with our cheesy books. Don’t worry, we got you. 😉
~ Sarah & Faith