We, Sarah & Faith, have decided to answer Bookidote‘s questions for the Infinity Dreams Award! Merci for the tag! 🙂
- Thank and link the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
11 Facts About Us (In case you’re still curious):
- We agree on the most useless of things. But disagree frequently on things like waffles and pancakes which are HIGHLY important to the well being and the survival of our human society.
- We were planning for months to post something else for our April Fool’s prank post but we felt too guilty to actually go through with it. We were going to fake that we each (Sarah and Faith) can’t stand each other any more so we were going to split up in our blogging pursuits. Aren’t you glad we didn’t?
- We have never been to an official book signing.
- It is April, 3 weeks into spring, and only a few days ago it hailed. Rained ice. Today, we’re still cold.
- Sarah can code stuff and Faith is slightly jealous.
- How were we like as kids? – Sarah: People thought I was stupid just because I never bragged and I liked having fun. (F: Poor kid. Update – she is sooooooooo non-stupid.) Faith: I was still that awkwardly embarrassing kid who preferred to spend recesses in solitude. How did I spend them? Walking laps around the perimeter of the playground. (3 laps for first and last recess and 9 at lunch.)
- Currently, it’s dinner time but Faith doesn’t feel like putting in the effort to stop writing this and get up, so she is veryyyyy hungry.
- FACT: In her past life, Sarah was a cat or a book. As a cat, she probably got too curious… and resurfaced to the Earth to become the Sarah we all know. Faith was a half-sentient and delicious bowl of ramen. She quickly faced her demise right after she was devoured… most likely by a cat or a book. Wait, what?
- Since Faith is writing these facts, she will write another about herself like a narcissist. She has never been face-planted by her phone while scrolling through her Instagram feed in bed. * coughs * Okay, fine, she has.
- Faith doesn’t know what other fact she can write about- she is running out of ideas. Luckily for her, there is only one last fact left. It is also currently really late and she is seriously regretting her Life Choices as she continues to type in third person.
- Narwhals’ “horns” are in reality tusks which rotates as it grows (creating the spiral effect) and the bone structure is inside out. Little do people know but they don’t use their tusks to stab their prey… so scientists are much confused. Faith is a narwhal. Therefore, this fact is about Faith.
What was the best dream you’ve ever had? (If you remember any)
S: I honestly, rarely dream. And if I do dream, they are nightmares.I remember the worst dreams – As of last week its a tie with Tim Burton’s the Grinch and my mother making me into an omelete.
F: Oh hey, I rarely dream too! People get really surprised when I tell them that I dream only about once every other month. Or, I do dream but remember none. I have maybe one good dream that I remember because I woke up completely DEVASTATED. I was around 8 years old and at the time, I was completely OBSESSED with Webkinz. Now, if you don’t know what they are, allow me to help you to become acquainted with them. (I had the chihuahua one and the tree frog as well as a goldfish and some other ones I don’t remember. They were THE THING… and mostly my birthday and Christmas gifts.)
They’re these plush toys that come with a code which enable you to play with it virtually… there are games and you get to play dress-up with it… you get the point. My dream was that I had a mountain of them. That’s it. Sound anti-climactic to you? Yeah, there was no climax because when I woke up, the mountain was non-existent. So.
Edit: I recently found out that I DO have dreams when I started a dream journal. I just forget them the instant I wake up. Well, they last for maybe 5 minutes. So heads up, there is going to be a post dedicated to our weird dreams! 🙂
2. On the bad days, how do you cheer yourself up?
S: I read.
What can I say? I literally suffer from book withdrawal.
F: Well. Depends on the type of bad day. When I’m actually in a bad day, sometimes it turns into a bad day slump. This is usually due to the fact that I’m stuck in a horrifying sleep schedule with a horrendous work load that I’ve procrastinated from doing. So sometimes I’d go outside for a walk with a camera, listen to music, and Google motivational quotes online. I also grab a warm drink.
3.If you had to sum up your life in 10 or less words, what would they be?
S: I like big yummy books and I cannot lie.
F: Faith’s life is weird, awkward, and is RIDDLED WITH CAPSLOCK.
It’s weirdly embarrassing so this sentence cannot encompass her life.
4.What books would you like to see become a movie?
S: Why would I ever subject my favourite books to such torture? XD
F: A Darker Shade of Magic. PLEASE. But the only shade darker (No, I wasn’t thinking of 50 Shades. Though that WOULD be a Darker Shade of Evil according to some. Alright, maybe everyone was… trying not to.) would be if the casting and the plot just all got messed up. Then, I’d cry.
UPDATE: IT IS GOING TO BE ADAPTED INTO A TV SERIES AND WHEN I WROTE THIS I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW AND I’M TOO EXCITED AND WHAT IS OXYGEN I FORGOT SORRY. I literally can’t wait. It’s going to be sooooo good! The author plays a part in writing it herself so I will absolutely DEVOUR the series like I’ve never devoured another show in my life. I can’t even. Wow. Okay. Everyone get ready. YESSS.
My second answer (because I accidentally answered this award twice- LIKE AN IDIOT): All I can say is, if my life was a book, I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL that it’s not a movie. I’m too overly dramatic for my own good. I just believe that many books shouldn’t be good because they tend to be – misinterpreted, I’ll say. Also, I’m a bit too lazy to find something that’s not cliched. #truth Or should I say #faith. (Since they’re synonyms, get it?)
What book character do you feel the most connected to?
S: Honestly, I don’t. When I read, I definitely do not see myself as a character. I just enjoy watching the show – reading how it plays out.
F: Usually, the ones who make dumb punny lines. Maybe kinda pathetic, I dunno.
I guess Leo (Heroes of Olympus). Some people think he’s annoying but I get the things he does. He’s that loner that makes the lame jokes that everyone rolls their eyes at – but I find it hilarious. And it’s because he’s such a loner that he makes those jokes so I was like, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I recently listened to a part of the audiobook for The Lost Hero and I cracked up too hard when he grabbed a handful of some snack food (I think it was chips or something??) and someone was like, “Those things are going to kill you.” Then he said something along the lines of, “Are you kidding me? There are so many preservatives in these that I’m going to live forever!” Classic Leo line.
(Okay, but Calypso was kind of annoying me because she’s like the beautiful helpless maiden in her tower. It’s not her fault but I was like GIRL- DO SOMETHING. Though, she has probably tried everything. STILL.)
What is one song that you know the lyrics by heart?
S: Almost anything by Imagine Dragons and One Republic – and Fallout Boy’s latest album.
F: Can’t say, I just have so many! Like The Alphabet Song, Twinkle Twinkle, and the theme song for Dora the Explorer. TO THIS DAY, I REMEMBER IT. Also, Feliz Navidad. (It only has 20 words).
Also, Favourite Things from The Sound of Music. I like those songs. 😀
What is your favourite form of social media?
S: I like Twitter – all the sassiest people are there 😀 Oddly enough, I don’t use it.
F: Instagram. Since photography is bomb which is why I have a billion posts. Meanwhile the Sublimereads blog is plagued by flies and silence. I AM SO SORRY. At the same time, Instagram my self-esteem degrader because I curl up into fetal position and cry as my ego drops lower and lower until it gets incinerated by the core of the Earth because I will never be able to amount to that level of perfection. (Wow, I sound really depressing today. Honestly, my day was pretty good but it’s probably my head doing weird things to me because I slept at 2am last night-er morning. So yeah, that happened.) BUT I love seeing other people’s awesome shots and it inspires me too, so like many things, it’s a love hate relationship.
Name 3 objects you can’t live without.
S: My computer, the Internet and books. Faith comes in at a close 56th on my list. 😀 (F: Glad to know, Sarah. In case you were wondering, Sarah is about a 55 on mine. I know, we are definitely the epitomal envy of all things friendship! Check out our non-existent friendship bracelets!!!)
F: I would agree that a wifi port is vital to my existence. How else would you be able to read my lovely opinion about books and stuff?? And fangirling would be an absolute mess. Also, books and food. Food is pretty nice.
What is your favourite drink?
S: WATER. I love water. Even when I drink juice, I have to drink water after that juice. (F: I solve this by mixing some water IN my juice. 😉 I used to hate water because it’s so tasteless.)
F: It changes according to the seasons. For winter, it’s peppermint hot chocolate and for summer, it would be fruit juice or lemonade. Apple cider is also good, especially during autumn. Coconut water was my phase over the last year. But bubble tea is good too!! UGH DECISIONS. If I had to choose ONE at the moment, it would be apple cider. I like water too.
10.What powers would you like to have to rule the world as a super villain?
S: Can I say I have the power to absorb and use all other powers? Because at first, I thought mind control – but I think that’s too obviously OP… and then I thought mind reading, but that’s too useless, and then I thought of shape shifting (so no one knows who I am). Basically I want to be Saitama from OnePunch Man. BEST. SUPERHERO. EVER. (F: Sarah, I agree. That is one good superpower. But what if you were the only one with powers in the entire universe?? * smirks successfully * S: FAITH STOP POOPING ON MY PARTY)
F: [Faith is currently thinking. Please standby for another 193 hours. Thank you.]
Here’s what I was considering: having everything I touch become immediately animate Grinches, Levanas, of course our old friend Voldemort, and then becoming every villain that ever existed. Another one would’ve been something predictable like becoming invincible, telekinesis, brain-manipulating, or making it rain black licorice and something along the lines of durian. (Which would hurt AND smell.) Or all of those put together.
But I have found the evillest power of them all. And it’s within my reaches in reality! I eventually came up with being able to have the power to be a famous author who writes books which all end in cliffhangers… especially the last book in the series. Also, making people fall for the characters and following up with killing them. AM I EVIL YET? Please, let me join Super Villain Society. Actually, this person got it down:
Did anyone get angry reading this? I did. ABSOLUTE GENIUS, I am telling you.
Give me a new song to listen to on Spotify LOL. THANK YOU. 😀
S: Try Fall out Boy’s new album. (Honestly, you already have my top picks in that beautiful collage) XD I liked Irresistible, The Kid’s Aren’t All Right.
F: For fun vibes song with a load of Mario (the Italian plumber, of course) references, I’d say Hey Mario by Patent Pending. It’s kind of funny and catchy. :3 (By the way, if you’re getting deja vu it’s because we’ve said this in our last awards post too!)
- Do you dream in black & white or in colour?
- You have the choice: an infinite number of books (you don’t have to pay a cent) – but no where to put them or one book that contains an infinite amount of books, but you pay a dollar a week. Which one?
or one book that contains an infinite amount of books, but you pay a dollar a week
- Have you ever been aware of being featured in someone else’s dream? If so, were you satisfied with your casting or… was it strange?
- Infinite access to money or infinite access to books? If money, what would you do? Likewise if you choose books, what would you ask for?
- Tell us all about your strangest dream!
- Infinite time that stops while you read (but you still feel the effects as if it passing normally), or the ability to speed read, but under a limited amount of time?
- Have you ever dreamed that you were in the plot/setting of a book you recently read? Or have you ever interacted with book characters in your dream?
- Everything you touch immediately become animate Grinches… what do you do next?
- Describe your happiest dream in colours.
- Random Challenge: say “Toy Car” 10 times fast and write down what “word” you end up having at the very end.
- (Consciously) write up your own dream consisting of all your favourite things plus a mammoth wearing a onesie.
Literally anyone that feels like it!
~ Sarah & Faith